Saturday 21 February 2015

Five frugal things we've done this week.

I've read a few 'five frugal things this week' posts by cass at http://www.frugalfamily.co.uk. I always think these are inspiring and as I've seen a few bloggers join in I thought I would too.


  1. On Monday we brought cooper first car harness. We waiting until he was in a size medium so we didn't have to buy three different sizes. We are hoping this will fit him for a while and we saved about £20.
  2. We kept to our meal plan. Last night we didn't really fancy veggie pasta but it was on the menu so we had it. This has meant that we didn't go out of our way to buy more food.
  3. Most of coopers walks have been near our house this week so we haven't used petrol to drive anywhere extra. We have also done our chores at the same time to save journeys. 
  4. We recently had some loft insulation installed so we have turned our heating down. We have also booked for someone to come fit an energy reader so we can keep track of how much we are spending daily. 
  5.  I've sorted out a small pile of clothes that I haven't worn in a while. This will be the start of our car boot pile. We did one last year just before they ended in September but I'm sure we have more than enough to do one when they start again. 
What frugal things have you done this week?
Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment