Friday 2 January 2015

Healthy 'truffles'

I recently made these 'truffles' which were a hit. Anybody who knows me knows what a sweet tooth I have so I made these for my mid afternoon sugar cravings.



You will need,


  • 1 cup of nuts- I used pecans 
  • 1 cup of dates
  • 2tbsp nut butter- I used almond but have also used peanut before
  • 2tbsp cocoa powder- I use green and blacks 
  • 2tbsp honey 
  • Shredded coconut to taste 
Blend the nuts, dates, nut butter, honey and cocoa powder together in a blender until it forms a slightly crumbly dough. You can then either stir in the coconut and then make the dough into balls or push into moulds. Alternatively you can make into balls and then roll into coconut to give a decorative outing. 

I tend to store these in the fridge as they stay together better. The mixture also freezes well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment