Saturday 17 January 2015

Homemade popcorn

For a wedding present we got a stove top popcorn machine. It has a handle to keep moving the popcorn so none of it burns. I don't use it very often but every time I do I always think that I should be using it more. If you do not have one of these you can still follow this recipe by using a pan with a good fitting list.

 You will need:

  • Popcorn kernels
  • An oil of your choice, I use coconut oil
  • Salt 
Start by melting your oil in your pan. Once it's melted add a couple of kernels and close the lid. 

Once you hear that these have popped add the rest of your popcorn kernels. Add the lid again and either turn your handle or shake your pot to keep the kernels moving. Keep going until you only hear a couple of pops left.

Once the popping stops you will be left with a lovely bowl of popcorn. Add salt to taste and enjoy.

I'm hoping to find a sweet recipe that uses honey or maple syrup. I will share it if I find a good one. Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment