Saturday 17 January 2015

Planning a healthy girls night in

Last night I had a group of friends over for a girls movie night. With me wanting to stick to plan and having a few people there watching their weight. I often find that when you are trying to eat healthier that meals with friends can leave you off track. With going though our challenge right now I prefer to eat at home as I can control what I am eating.

Here was my food shop


Most of this was for tonight. My meal plan was


  • Home made cheese and bacon quiche 
  • Salad with leftover chicken, pecans, pink lady apple and feta cheese. 
  • Carrot and cucumber sticks withhummus 
  • Tomatoes and oranges on the side
  • Cheese sticks
  • Homemade popcorn (ingredients already in cupboards) 
With it being a movie night there were also a few treats. I have some friends that don't embrace eating whole foods so I like to offer them the choice of having a treat. I try to buy things individually wrapped rather than a whole dessert as you don't end up with leftovers you need to eat up.


Not all of these were eaten and I've put them in our cupboard for next time we have visitors. Here are a few more pictures from the night.



Do you manage a healthy balance when you have guests round? Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment